Living in one of the many Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island neighborhoods provides miles of beautiful beaches, acres of wilderness, and a variety of outdoor activities like golf, boating, and horseback riding. Enjoy a laid back lifestyle and discover the Southern hospitality of the island. Voted as the #3 Best Islands in the U.S. by The Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards in 2022, this area has everything you’re looking for.
What’s the Difference Between Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach?
While people often refer to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach interchangeably, they are not the same thing. Technically, Fernandina Beach is a city located on Amelia Island, a small island that is 13 miles long and only two miles wide. Other communities on the island include American Beach, Amelia City, and Franklintown.
Fernandina Beach is a quaint, family-friendly beach community well known for its historic downtown, which is home to the beloved annual shrimp festival, as well as art walks and book festivals. Outside of downtown, the island boasts beautiful beaches and a variety of neighborhoods, from golf communities to Victorian-era homes.
Benefits of Living in Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach
Whether you’re looking for your first house, a vacation property, or a place to retire, there’s something for everyone here. While the biggest draw to the area is the beaches, there are many perks to living in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island including:
- Downtown Historic District. Once a stomping ground for pirates, bootleggers, and shrimpers, historic downtown Fernandina Beach is full of independent shops and restaurants and a frequent host of art walks and festivals.
- Golfer’s Paradise. With 99 golf holes , Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island are perfect for players of every skill level. LINKS Magazine even named Amelia Island one of the “Top 25 Golf Islands in the World.”
- Eat & Drink. From casual beach dining alfresco to fine dining options on the island’s south end, enjoy over 90 independent restaurants with a growing number of farm-to-table experiences and delicious meals from top chefs.
- Miles of Beaches. With more than 40 public beach access points along 13 miles of beaches, choose a different stretch of beach each day. No matter where you decide to live on the island, you’ll be only a short walk from the beach.
- Laidback Luxury. From new custom built homes to oceanfront condos, you’ll find a feeling of coastal luxury across the island. You can even treat yourself to a day at the spa or a night of fine dining at the Ritz Carlton or Omni Hotel of Amelia Island.
- Island Weather. This area offers abundant sunshine and mild temperatures year-round. A consistent ocean breeze helps cool off warm summer days and brings crisp winters without the seasonal hassles of snow and freezing temperatures.
- Municipal Airport. The island even boasts a recently updated municipal airport that is sure to provide an unforgettable travel experience. Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport (FBMA) is conveniently located only three miles south of the downtown historic district.
Fernandina Beach & Amelia Island Schools
If you have school aged children, Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach provide a great selection of both public and private schools to choose from.
Fernandina Beach & Amelia Island Neighborhoods & Communities
You can find homes for sale in Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach in a variety of neighborhoods and communities complete with beach access, pools, and tennis. Popular Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island neighborhoods and communities include:
- Amelia Park
- Isle de Mai
- Dunes of Amelia
- Omni Plantation
- McArthur Estates
- Egan’s Bluff
- Azalea Pointe
- Crane Island
- Harrison Cove
- Ocean Breeze
- Ocean Reach
- Plantation Oaks
- Amelia by the Sea
- Amelia Lakes
- Amelia Landing
- Amelia Woods
- Amelia Surf & Racquet
- Forest Ridge
- Ketch Courtyard
- Ocean Park
- Oceans of Amelia
- Sand Dollar
- Villas at Summer Beach
- Fernandina Shores
To learn more about different communities and compare amenities, click below.
Homes for Sale in Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach
Below are listings for homes currently for sale in Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. If you don’t find your dream home, don’t worry. Our team of real estate agents have their finger on the pulse of these communities and often know about homes for sale before they’re listed.
Contact us today to learn more.