If you’re looking for the perfect home in one of the many Fernandina Beach communities but prefer to live in a suburb with more options as opposed to a quaint beach town, then Fernandina Beach off the island is the area for you. With new Fernandina Beach neighborhoods developing just west of the intracoastal waterway, residents can enjoy easy access to the area’s beaches on Amelia Island and outdoor activities including golf and boating.
Where is Fernandina Beach Off Island?
Benefits of Living in Fernandina Beach Off Island
Many people who are looking to live in the area but prefer the perks of living in a suburb choose to reside in Fernandina Beach off the island. Close proximity to highways if you’re commuting, big box retailers, and multi-family homes and apartments are just some of the main benefits of living off the island. Other advantages to living in Fernandina Beach off the island include:
- Access to Shopping. Enjoy the convenience of living minutes away from large retailers like Target, Walmart, Aldi, Home Depot and more.
- Faster Commutes. Being further inland means closer proximity to major highways making getting around Northeast Florida fast and efficient.
- Employment Opportunities. Living in Fernandina Beach off the island will put you closer to Kings Bay, UF Health campuses, Mayport Naval Base, NAS Jax, the Jacksonville Airport, and other places of business.
- Diverse Housing Options. You’ll find a wide variety of housing options at more affordable price points from apartments and multi-family homes to custom built homes on the water.
- Communities with Docks. Take advantage of boating along the intercoastal in Fernandina Beach neighborhoods on the water including Brady Point Preserve, Oyster Bay, and Piney Island.
- Public Boat Ramps. Even if you’re not looking for a waterfront home, make the most of accessible boating with public boat ramps in the area including Holly Point Boat Ramp, Goffinsville Nassau River Park & Boat Ramp, and Melton O. Nelson Memorial Park.
- Proximity to Beach. Just a short drive over the bridge and you can be at the 13 miles of white sandy beaches on the island with over 40 public beach access points.
- Yacht Club. Fernandina Beach off the island even boasts its own yacht club, Oyster Bay, a private club that offers its members a unique opportunity to enjoy its recreational facilities including dining, a marina, clubhouse, swimming, and social facilities.
Fernandina Beach Schools Off Island
Fernandina Beach off the island has fewer schools than on the island, but offers easy access to schools in Yulee, both public and private.
Fernandina Beach Off Island Communities & Neighborhoods
Find homes for sale in Fernandina Beach off the island in a variety of neighborhoods and communities complete with pools, tennis, boating, and golf. Our team is ready to help you find your dream home.
Some popular neighborhoods and Fernandina Beach communities off the island include:
- Marsh Lakes
- Piney Island
- Kingsley Creek
- Brady Point Preserve
- Oyster Bay
- Nassau Lakes
- North Hampton
- Amelia National
- Amelia Walk
- Amelia Concourse
- Harbor Concourse
To learn more about different Fernandina Beach communities off the island and compare amenities, click below.
Homes for Sale in Fernandina Beach Off Island
Check out the current listings of homes for sale in Fernandina Beach off the island below. Even if you don’t see your dream home listed, our team of real estate agents are here to help. We’re always on the lookout for new listings and can help you find a property before it hits the market.
Contact us today to learn more.